Thursday, August 7, 2014

In the Pink - A Love Story

Hello Everyone!

Today I have another monochrome card for you done with DecoArt Cherry Blossom paint, but I have a good reason...it's IN THE PINK challenge blog time! Oh yeah, I love pink and their challenge this week is Challenge #50 - Anything Goes, so how can I resist! I will be sending this card to a good friend of mine who is getting married soon. I hope she likes it!

Here's a quick peek at the card before I share a couple of things with you.


I would to send a big hug to the super talented design team over at In The Pink for choosing my Thinking of You card as A Perfect Pinky! I am really tickled pink to display their badge! If you like to use pink on your cards, I really recommend you hop over there and submit your latest pink project. Make sure to check out the DT creations, they are always so beautiful and I'm sure you will be as inspired as I was!

  

HAPPY SECOND BIRTHDAY - IN THE PINK !!

OK, I have lots of pictures for you today. I had a hard time capturing the heart in the center of the card. It's 3D, but it's really hard to tell in the photos. I cut out the heart using Go Kreate hearts die set and stamped on my rose pattern with Hero Arts shadow ink Soft Blossom and then I used a large stylus to curve the heart and make it puffy. I stuffed it with some cotton balls and glued it in place. I used a piece of silk twine to hide the glue trail!! HA!


I have another big hug to send out to the design team over at CRAFTY BOOTS CHALLENGES. Such an amazing group of artists and they chose my Christmas card as their first place winner in the Christmas in July challenge. I am so excited to be able to display their badge! They have such a wonderful range of talent over there, you really should stop in and check it out!

  

This week it's Crafty Boots Challenge - Flowers, so I made sure to use lots of them!! All of my pretty pink flowers are made by hand using Joy Crafts Flower 1 & 4. They were coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks Spun Sugar and Worn Lipstick. The background rose pattern is from Impression Obsession, isn't it gorgeous? It reminds me of an old vintage wallpaper.





I would also like to invite everyone to check out some fabulous new challenges that I have found. I am excited to play along with them for the very first time!

The Crazy Challenge - #177 - Love and Marriage
Crafty Creations Challenges - # 269 - Flower Power
Creatalicious Challenges - #65 - Monochrome

Sweet Stamin' - Bingo Time - I chose Lace, Ribbon and Pearls



That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! I would also like to welcome all of my newest followers. I'm so excited to get to share my cards with you and I thank you from the bottom of my crafty heart!  If you have any questions, please let me know.

30 comments:

  1. Stunning card Pamellia, so soft and delicate. Really beautiful.
    Hugs from Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful creation Pamellia! love all the layers of lace, pearls and wonderful blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely words on my blog Pamellia. I just adore your card and admire how you create the layers! I am not able get to anything near this. I have a number of friends who do but I haven't got it yet. Beautiful work! Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Pamellia

    Wow, this is stunning, really fabulous design, beautiful flowers and great embellishments. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenge and thank you for the shout out.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the 'Pinkie' award.
    This is a beautiful card, love all the layers.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Pamellia!!!!!!That's so,so beautiful!!!!! and so perfect for our challenge at in the pink thank you for showing us your beautiful creation!
    hugs Helene(DT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaah, thank you so much Helene! I love pink!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Pamellia
    Wow! I'm not a girlie girl but this is beautiful. I'm sure your friend will adore and treasure this.
    Have a great weekend.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ang and thank you for all the wonderful comments you take the time to write! I look forward to them very much! Hugs :)

      Delete
  8. This is so pretty and feminine and the shaped heart is awesome - such a clever idea. Love your handmade flowers, too! Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracey, I appreciate the wonderful compliments!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  9. What a stunning card,beautiful pastel colours,wonderful creation.

    Thank you so much for following my blog,I have had a little peek at yours and I am wowed by how beautiful your work is so am more then happy to follow you too :)

    Nice to 'meet' you Pamellia

    Have a lovely weekend and look forward to more gorgeous creations from you :)

    Hugs
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Donna, I admire your work so much!! I welcome you with a huge smile to My Little Craft Things! Have a wonderful weekend as well! Hugs :)

      Delete
  10. Stunning card.Really pretty.Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin'
    Cass xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a pretty creation! All of your embellishments look perfect - I love the heart!
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow - this is so pretty and just stunning. Gorgeous layers and glorious florals. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your card...so romantic. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card was a very well deserved Perfect Pinkie and wow, you've created another stunner this time! Absolutely beautiful details and gorgeous romantic feel :-)
    Thanks for sharing with us at In The Pink!
    Hugs, Kat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kat! I wish you had a new challenge every day!! Ha, that would be fun! Hugs :)

      Delete