Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Happy Birthday - Mellow Yellow

Hello Everyone!

I'm back with another first for me today...yellow! Isn't is spectacular! I was really inspired by some challenges to try something new and I was surprised with the results. I will tell you all about the challenges in a minute, but first, here is my card full of sunshine! I hope you enjoy!


I would like to send out a special Thank You and a huge hug to the wonderful and very talented design team members over at Tuesday Throwdown for choosing my Vintage Christmas Ornament as one of their top 3 in their 'Other Than a Card or Tag' challenge. I am really honoured and will display their badge with pride. You can click on the images for more details on the challenge and/or my ornament.

This week at Tuesday Throwdown is Challenge #207 - Mellow Yellow. I have never made a yellow card before, but I was completely inspired by the DT creations and decided to give it go!

 



I'm really excited to play along this week with such a talented group of artists over at Just Us Girls Challenge! I was so sad to miss last week, but I'm back in the game for this week's Challenge #252 - Ribbon.

I used lots of curly ribbon on my card and I even stuck some ribbon in between the shabby layers! How fun is that!! This is one of my favourite ribbons, but it doesn't go with everything, so I don't get to use it as often as I like. I thought this was the perfect card and the perfect challenge for me to be able to use tons and tons of it!




WOW Embossing Powder Technique:

For the top background layer, I have a little technique that might interest you. I just love using the emboss resist technique, but embossing powder is shiny and I find that I don't really enjoy that look on a shabby chic card. WOW carries a dull embossing powder, but it's not available at any of my craft stores, so here is my little trick.

I emboss my pattern using WOW Clear Gloss embossing powder, then I apply my ink...in this case it was Technique Tuesday - Lots of  Dots with Tim Holtz distress ink Squeezed Lemonade. And here is the trick part...after you are all done with your inking, take your heat gun and warm the embossing back up - then, while it's still hot, take a soft cloth and rub over the top of it. Takes the shine right off!!!

This week I'm entering my card into the WOW Embossing Challenge Blog, for their August Challenge - Monochrome.



Dies: Cheery Lynn Designs-french pastry doily & branch set, Joy Crafts-flourish branch 1 & flowers 4, Memory Box-whimsy circle
Stamps: Technique Tuesday-lots of dots, Impression Obsession-vintage rose spray, Kaisercraft-heirloom, Heartfelt Creations-all seasons sentiments
Handmade: both yellow backgrounds, all the light yellow flowers and the pebble
From My Stash: stamens and that fabulous polka dot ribbon


I am honoured to also enter my card into the following new challenges! I'm really excited to play along with them for the first time!

Seize the Birthday - Seeing Yellow Birthdays (monochromatic yellow)
Scrap Gang - Challenge #75 - Sunny
Chocolate, Coffee & Cards - Challenge #70 - Polka Dots
Dies R Us Challenge Blog - Challenge #7 - Birthday


That's it for today. Thank you for stopping in and for all the amazing comments. I read and appreciate every single one! If you have any questions, please let me know.


47 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful!! Love the distressing and layering! Thanks for stopping by my blog. (I am following yours now.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joan, for the lovely compliment and for becoming a follower! Welcome to My Little Craft Things!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  2. OMG this is just GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you found our challenge blog and decided to share this beauty with us! Can't wait to see more of your lovely creations! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘BIRTHDAY’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene! I love using my die sets, so you will definitely see me again soon!! :)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful job using yellow -- gorgeous ribbon use too! Thanks for joining in at JUGS.

    ps - if you "pounce" something link me up -- would love to see how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vicki! I will definitely let you know... if I can get it to work as well as you do that is!! Hugs :)

      Delete
  4. Such a gorgeous card Pamellia! I love the shabby layers and soft yellow, perfect for our TT challenge! The ribbons. flowers and lacey doily give it such a lovely feminine touch :) Thanks for stopping by my blog also!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Davi, for the wonderful compliment and for becoming my newest follower! I welcome you to My Little Craft Things with a big smile! :)

      Delete
  5. Pamellia, what a beautiful card you've created... I love this yellow color, the layers and all the details. Great job! :o) Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!

    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Pamellia! It reminds me of a lemon meringue! I really fancy one now too... oh! This is really stunning!
    Hugs,
    Ingrid xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow.Your card is so gorgeous!Love the yellow.Mellow yellow is perfect.By the way your card is perfect for the Cardabilties Sketch Challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I originally designed my layout to go with Cardabilities Sketch 104, but they don't allow you to combine with more than 3 other challenges, so they got scratched from my list in the end. How ironic is that!!! Thanks for the kind words! Hugs :)

      Delete
  8. Smashing card and layout, thanks for sharing and joining us at CC&CC cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card, love the soft yellow tones.
    Hugs, Veerle ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, delicate and full of sunlight! Thank you for taking part in the Scrap Gang Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card.....so many wonderful things to look at! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thrilled that you played with us this week Pamellia at both Seize the Birthday and Just Us Girls! Your yellow card is beautiful! Love you showed us the different shots so that we may see how many layers you have here! Really a piece of ART!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, what a lovely compliment Nancy! I really appreciate that, thank you!! :)

      Delete
  13. This is so pretty, Love the layers and colors and flowers on this one :) I can never work a style like this and I so admire ur creations :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you're back with this gorgeous creation! I love all of the distressing and that yummy ribbon. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sue, wonderful challenge so this one was fun! :)

      Delete
  15. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the cheery bright yellow and lots of gorgeous layers! Lovely ribbon and flowers, too! Thanks so much for joining us for the Birthday Challenge this month at Dies R Us! Please come back soon!:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Maria and welcome to My Little Craft Things! Many hugs to you :)

      Delete
  16. Oh my word! How stunning is this creation! LOVE all the shabby details, Pamellia. It definitely is the prettiest yellow card I've seen in a long time. ... swooon! { How can I not follow you after this?! :-) }
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh Asha, what a wonderful thing to say!! Thank you for that, and for becoming my newest follower!! I welcome you warmly to My Little Craft Things! :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Pamellia
    Very pretty card. I love yellow. so fresh and summery. Your flowers are stunning as usual.
    Best wishes.
    Ang x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This card is simply stunning! It has so many gorgeous layers and texture. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jodene! What a lovely name btw! :)

      Delete
  19. A beautiful card! Such a cheerful colour and beautifully embellished.
    Rebecca.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card. I like all those wonderful layers and the use of the doily.
    Thanks for playing along with us at the Tuesday Throwdown this week.
    kReN@afourthlife.blogspot.com
    TTDT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Przepiękna, słoneczna karteczka. :)
    Dziękuję za wspólną zabawę ze Scrapgangiem. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your card looks amazing. Very nicely made. Love the tone of yellow, the patterns and the texture. Thanks so much for joining us at Dies R Us and thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment! Thanks for joining us at Dies R Us. I hope you can join us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, so light and delicate :D Beautiful!
    Thank you for playing with us at the Scrapgang Challenge blog! :)

    ReplyDelete